Clara Mohammed School STL Kg-5 Curriculum
The creation-inspired knowledge curriculum is created from the vision of Imam WD Mohammed. The Clara Mohammed School system uses a model curriculum provided by the Mosque Cares Office of Education Special Committee called The Night Visit of the Prophet (saw), the Ascension of the Soul.
Creation-inspired knowledge means intuitive understanding developed by experiencing and observing concrete reality. Creations-inspired learning evolves through the direct experiencing of the natural and social world through questioning, inquiry, intuition, imagination, creativity, practical application and other faculties of common sense.
Environmental science program lends itself to the Ascension of the Soul curriculum and its methodological approach to the study of the Creation. It provides an integrated and interdisciplinary approach to the study of environmental systems. CMS environmental science program begins at the Kg level to introduce students to their natural place in the ecosystem as custodians. The Clara Mohammed School curriculum model is structured to delineate the philosophy, goals, objectives, learning experience, instructional resources, and assessment that comprise the specific educational program. In addition, the curriculum delineates grade-level expectations and course goals that address the key cognitive and affective content expectations for the educational program.
Core Curriculum Content at a Glance: Kg – 5th
- Reading (Comprehension & Vocabulary)
- Language Arts & Writing
- Social Studies
- Islamic and Quranic Studies
- Arabic Language
- Character Development
- Physical Education
- Tutorial (Math & Reading)
Environmental science content is integrated into all core content and taught as an interdisciplinary approach to the study of environmental systems.
Multi-Interdisciplinary Approach to Environmental Science
The environmental science program at Clara Mohammed School is a multi-interdisciplinary approach to environmental education, teaching students in a holistic natural environment. The program engages student in lifelong learning habits which impart environmental awareness and ethical responsibilities as custodians of the earth. Environmental science integrates discipline, such as:
- Earth Science
Atmospheric Science Environmental science program focuses on how the natural environment functions and how human begins apply knowledge and skills to manage their behavior and ecological responsibility to live a sustainable life in harmony with nature.
Clara Mohammed School environmental science program addresses on each grade level, such concerns as:
- How does air, land and water pollution affect the earth?
- What effects does climate change and global warming have on earth and its population? How does ozone layer depletion affect the earth and its population?
- How to reduce and manage litter, household and industrial waste through a community-based recycling program?
- Genetic modification is it a healthier nutrition alternate for earth’s population? Composting and community gardening
- Environmental sustainability – How to live in harmony with the natural environment?
The environmental science curriculum is divided by grade level and science content. It is project-based in every grade level and integrated into the school’s curriculum, which prevents the content from being taught in isolation. Clara Mohammed School of St. Louis environment science curriculum connects to:
- Creation-Based Curriculum Framework
- Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS)
- Science Technology Engineering and Math (STEM)
- Missouri State Learning Standards
- Crosscutting Concepts
For even more information, please see the link below: